[cvsnt] Re: Alternative to Network Shares?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Dec 3 18:18:53 GMT 2004

Luckey, Dave wrote:

> I would appreciate some positive suggestions.

Very few SCM systems work well in a disconnected environment like you
employ; see this link for a mostly up to date comparison of various SCM
packages:

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html#repos_clone
http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html#push

In particular, svk (a third party tool using Subversion as a backend)
Darcs, and Arch are known to be well suited to disconnected operation.
Personally, I use svk primarily (no offense to CVSNT at all) for its
superior repository management and merge processing.

HTH

John