[cvsnt] Re: permission control on CVSROOT in CVSNT 2.0.58d

Lu Sun lsun91125 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 20:47:27 GMT 2004

Bo, Thank you so much for your help with my questions!

Now I understand that I should not and cannot check in
and out the CVSROOT/admin and CVSROOT/passwd files. Is
true for CVSROOT/owner and CVSROOT/perm files as well?
What are the correct format for these two files? How
can I prevent CVSROOT/config from being checked out?

When I mentioned about CVSROOT/taginfo, it's really
CVSROOT/val-tags mentioned in the CVSNT reference
manual(http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/Repository-storage.html#File-permissions).
I don't have a val-tags file, I have a taginfo file.
Are they the same thing?

The document might be a little outdated. But these two
points get me confused: "you can only control access
to files on a PER-DIRECTORY basis" and "users must
have write access to the CVSROOT/val-tags file". Does
this mean I have to give users write access to the
whole CVSROOT directory?

Thanks,

Lu