[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Performance Server/Client installed locally

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Dec 7 00:10:04 GMT 2004

Paul Kramer wrote:
> Greeetings -- I've just installed CVSNT 2.0.58d (client/server) on a Mandrake 10 system. I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 7000 w/128 mb of memory.
>
> Running a simple cvs checkout CVSROOT is very slow, much slower that CVS 1.12.x. I spent about 30 minutes poking around the wiki archives and could not find anything that helps me understand the reason for the performance hit...

Here is a time result for checkout CVSROOT on a 2ghz Athlon XP...

cvsnt 2.0.62(prerelease):

real    0m0.655s
user    0m0.029s
sys     0m0.023s

cvs 1.11.17:

real    0m0.533s
user    0m0.008s
sys     0m0.007s

...and the time result for the cvsnt repository (3000 files):

cvs 2.0.62(prerelease):

real    0m23.097s
user    0m4.863s
sys     0m2.571s