[cvsnt] Re: crash in 2.0.58d, ideas about save crashdump feature

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 8 12:54:15 GMT 2004

Alexey Panchenko wrote:
> Hello !
>
> 1) The crash.
>
> When I add the new directory to the project, copy some files to it and
> then execute "cvs add *.*" in that directory _server_ cvs.exe process
> crashes.
>
> This crash can be fixed with the following patch:

I can't see what you're doing there, except moving the pointer to the
end (which isn't going to achieve much, since it's then beyond argc).  I
must be missing something...

> Another way to fix the crash is to make a copy of the
> 'argument_vector' in function 'static void do_cvs_command (cmd_name,
> command)' in file 'server.c' and free memory using copied values.

Not keen on copying memory around... too much overhead.

> 2) Ideas about save crashdump feature.
>
> I think it should be configurable. Usually cvs is installed on the
> server and nobody sees its dialog "Do you want to save crashdump ?".
> In the case above the directory in repository remains locked whilst
> this dialog is open.

Try the latest builds - still waiting for some good feedback on that
version.