[cvsnt] All socket binds failed.

Richard Molnar richard.molnar at allatar.com
Fri Dec 10 13:55:54 GMT 2004

I'm having an issue with the cvsservice only when I attempt to restart
cvsservice.   I can start and stop the locking service without an issue.
If we reboot the server the services start without error.

I have looked at the running processes after stopping the cvsservice and
the locking services and did not find any other cvs processes running on
the client.

As far as I know there have not been any modifications to cvs itself.
We were able to start and stop the service without an issue my guess is
maybe one of the recent Microsoft security patches to windows 2000
caused the issue.

We are running windows 2000 with service pack 4 and the latest security
patches

As for the cvs we are currently running version 1.11.1.3

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue ?

Richard Molnar