[cvsnt] Re: Checkout tag extremely slow

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Dec 12 11:21:45 GMT 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Seems to me to be about 0% useful and so it strikes me as unnecessary
> to even scan something to build the file.

It's been that way since AFAIK cvs 1.9 or something like that...

> If cvs is also scanning the *whole* repository to build this list then
> it looks like a bug to me too...

It's also done this forever... it's pretty rare that it actually happens
(since it is modified automatically by tag and rtag).

Changing that behaviour is low priority as it's always worked like that
- there isn't an easy way before the rewrite as it's builtin to the core
code.