[cvsnt] cannot change mode of file permission denied

Stéphane Nicoll Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com
Mon Dec 13 16:16:49 GMT 2004

Hello list,

Following the upgrade of cvsnt to 2.0.51d, one of our developper has the following issue when he commits:

C:\tmp\TempCVS>cvs -d:pserver:fds at somehost:c:\bsb-jf commit dev/env/jf.properties

Checking in dev/env/jf.properties; c:/bsb-jf/dev/env/jf.properties,v <-- jf.properties new revision: 1.5; previous revision: 1.4
cvs server: cannot change mode of file c:/bsb-jf/dev/env/jf.properties,v: Permission denied
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file c:/bsb-jf/dev/env/,jf.properties, to c:/bsb-jf/dev/env/,jf.properties,: Permission denied

The client configuration is exactly the same as mine and I do not have any problem. The developper can login on the machine hosting the CVS repository (Windows 2000 server).

Any idea? Can I find detailled logs somewhere?

Regards,
Stéphane