[cvsnt] Major problems with CVSNT 2.0.58d

Ralf Steinhaeusser stralf at gmx.net
Wed Dec 15 14:49:47 GMT 2004

After upgrading our CVSNT-server, I suddenly have major troubles with CVS.

Trying to check in files I get the following error:

In D:\Daten\Delphi5\Utils: "C:\Programme\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-x"
"commit" "-m" "blabla" "CharFilter/Unit1.dfm"
CVSROOT=:sspi:Tom:/Delphi

Checking in CharFilter/Unit1.dfm;
/Delphi/Utils/CharFilter/Unit1.dfm,v  <--  Unit1.dfm
Unable to rename file /Delphi/Utils/CharFilter/,Unit1.dfm, to
/Delphi/Utils/CharFilter/Unit1.dfm,v for 1 second, still trying...
Unable to rename file /Delphi/Utils/CharFilter/,Unit1.dfm, to
/Delphi/Utils/CharFilter/Unit1.dfm,v for 2 seconds, still trying...

stops after a couple of failed tries.
I opened the CVSNT-console at the server, set the "login as user"
setting, then CVS on the server crashed with "While processing the
systemcontrolfile "C:\Winnt\system32\cvsnt.cpl" an error occured"

Help!

The crash isn't that bad as it normally doesn't happen, nut because of
the "rename" problem I can't commit files anymore.