[cvsnt] cvsnt crash on update while -kB is using

fabien.lyon fabien.lyon at isismpp.fr
Thu Dec 16 09:30:56 GMT 2004

hi,

I have already post this message, one week ago:

	We used cvsnt 2.0.51 on W2K sp4.

	Few months ago we have changed the substitution mode for binaries files
	from -kb to -kB with the cvs command :
		cvs admin -kB
	in order to get optimal access to binary file.

	Since these files have been modified and checked in without any kind of
	problem. The latest release is always avialable
	by a check out or update command, but if we try to check out or update a
	previous release (before changing the substitution mode)
	we get this first one error type:
		the windows error popup message (on the cvs server side) : instruction use
	memory address  "0x00f...". memory cannot be read...
		and the cvs client hang up.

	We can get this second one error type :
			C:\tmp>cvs -d d:/repositories/cvsbis co -r VERSION_6_20_21_12 bis_ihmAna
			cvs checkout: Updating bis/ihms/ihmAna
			U bis/ihms/ihmAna/BISErrorCodes.ini
			U bis/ihms/ihmAna/IHMAna.cws
			U bis/ihms/ihmAna/IHMAna.prj
			U bis/ihms/ihmAna/makefile
			cvs checkout: Updating bis/ihms/ihmAna/Panel
			U bis/ihms/ihmAna/Panel/ANA_Analogue.h
			cvs checkout: Dropping data: pos>vec->text.nlines
			cvs [checkout aborted]: invalid change text in
	d:/repositories/cvsbis/bis/ihms/ihmAna/Panel/ANA_Analogue.uir,v

	This problem appears only on few files.

Since I made the following things:

 	update version of cvsnt (2.0.58d)
	(the client is always support by wincvs 1.3.17.2 Beta 17 (Build 2))
	extract from repository the HEAD to a sand box using module name (all is
OK)
	we get a crash on server while using the following comand :
		cvs -z9 update -P -r 1.23 afdx_param.uir (in directory
E:\cvsnt\vueDebug\head\bis\ihms\ihmAfdx\)
		cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

		***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

	the server crashed and propose to create a crash dump file.
	This file is too large to send you by mail (7Mo in zip file) but I can
	send it to you by ftp if you provide me a ftp server address.
	The ,v file, raised the problem, being too large to I can provide it to you
by ftp.
	The release 1.24 to 1.26	can be extract without any kind of problem.

thanks to your help

Fabien Lyon