[cvsnt] Re: Major problems with CVSNT 2.0.58d

Ralf Steinhaeusser stralf at gmx.net
Thu Dec 16 15:39:05 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:
> Some people have seen this, and rolling back to 2.0.51d seems to clear
> it up, or (if this isn't a production server) you could try the current
> development release, 2.0.62.1817.

I rolled back to 2.0.51d, but now I remember why I updated:

2.0.51d reports on some files the following bug:

In D:\Daten\Delphi5\Tom-Signal: "C:\Programme\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q"
"-x" "commit" "-m" "foo" "Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/StripItem.pas"
CVSROOT=:sspi:Tom:/Delphi

Checking in Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/StripItem.pas;
/Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/StripItem.pas,v  <--  StripItem.pas
cvs server: cannot change mode of file
/Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/StripItem.pas,v: Permission denied
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
/Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/,StripItem.pas, to
/Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/,StripItem.pas,: Permission denied

Error, CVS operation failed

To solve that, I could select "work as user Admin" in 2.0.59, or in
2.0.51d I have to give Admin-rights to all users who want to use cvs
(which is not really an option).

And: Unfortunately it's a productions system and running on our MAIN
server, so I really can't install software there unless it's (called)
stable.