[cvsnt] Re: Major problems with CVSNT 2.0.58d

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Dec 16 16:09:36 GMT 2004

Ralf Steinhaeusser wrote:
> cvs server: cannot change mode of file
> /Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/StripItem.pas,v: Permission denied
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
> /Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/,StripItem.pas, to
> /Delphi/Tom-Signal/Plugins/PlgArrhythmia/,StripItem.pas,: Permission denied
>
> Error, CVS operation failed
>

> To solve that, I could select "work as user Admin" in 2.0.59, or in
> 2.0.51d I have to give Admin-rights to all users who want to use cvs
> (which is not really an option).
>
> And: Unfortunately it's a productions system and running on our MAIN
> server, so I really can't install software there unless it's (called)
> stable.

What are the NTFS permissions on your repository and CVS temp directory?
  It sounds like there's a file system permissions issue in there.  Make
sure that the users have full control of the files and still get full
control on new files (there are separate settings).  If you aren't sure,
just give them full control to the base directory of the repository and
the CVS temp directory and everything within them, resetting existing
permissions.

--
Glen Starrett