[cvsnt] Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Dec 21 06:39:29 GMT 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:37:59 -0000, "Jerzy Kaczorowski"
<jerzyk at wndtabs.com> wrote:

>Tony,
>
>I decided to make some changes in WinCvs code and installer that effectively
>eliminate all the issues with your new MSI installer I was whining about.
>
>We don't install CVSNT within WinCvs installation folder any more. We will
>look CVSNT up in <Program Files>\cvsnt folder and we can also run it if it's
>in the path. So I don't use CVSNT_INSTALLDIR property and let it go to
>default.

I looked at the Innosetup script you use and it does not seem to look
for CVSNT.
It is real simple to check in the registry where CVSNT is installed, I
do it all the time with the ViewCvs installer. Do you want me to send
you the code?
I don't think it is a good way to start scouting for CVSNT in the file
system, because in many cases it does not get installed to <program
files>. I for one always override such places to get rid of the spaces
embedded in default paths.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)