[cvsnt] Re: Purge file history because of user CVSutilisationerror...

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Dec 23 13:16:48 GMT 2004

Florent Gilain wrote:

> Finally, my goal was just to be able to select 1 file and to ask CVS to
> delete history of this file only...

That in itself is (almost) easy enough... :)

WinCvs: Get the graph, and use the commands "select non-significant" and
"delete revisions" (only one file at a time, and could be slow, as it
deletes one revision at a time repeatedly for all selected revisions)

Command line: try "cvs admin -o ::HEAD <file>" (need to be cvs admin, I
think) (probably can be run on a whole subtree, but I'm not sure)

However, you need to repeat that regularly, as both only delete the history
that exists at that point; it does not mark the file for not accumulating
history.

Gerhard