[cvsnt] Re: Migrating from windows Xp to linux

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Dec 24 04:18:36 GMT 2004

Décio Lira wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I´m planning to transfer my projects from a Windows XP machine with the
> 2.0.31 version to a Linux machine with a newer version (2.0.58d ?).
> Have anyone done something like this? Keeping the history data of files
> is necessary. What would be the tasks to perform?
> I couldn´t find help in the Reference Manual or the wiki.

Copy over the repository files to Linux.  Make sure you don't have any
CRLF translations on (e.g. in WinZIP).  It should work fine and keep all
history.

There's a page that talks about moving the other direction, what you're
doing is basically the reverse.

http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/MoveFromLinux

--
Glen Starrett