[cvsnt] Re: Performance problems

Nitzan Shaked calius at netvision.net.il
Sun Dec 26 10:04:59 GMT 2004

Things are much better now!

I still don't know whether or not reverse-DNS is broken, but it's likely
this wasn't my problem: I did not experience the constant "10sec delay"
people were talking about (I found similar discussions in the archives). I
am also using pserver so from what I understand CVSNT does not use
reverse-DNS in that case. Finally, I have disabled reverse-DNS in the
control panel applet and things remained as they were.

As for permissions: I already wrote I believe that was not the case.

As for RAM -- an order for a new server is on the way. Dual-Xeon with 2GB
RAM. Can anyone comment on what their server configuration is and what size
of projects and groups it serves?

Finally... the killer issue: Anti-Virus. Killing NAV did the trick, and from
Bo's explanation I can understand why. I am down to 3min for "update" on the
whole tree (from 10-15min before).

Would you say 3min is something good, or is there room for more improvement?
What else is worth checking, while I'm in the mood? :-)

Thanks again to Glen and Bo, and merry Xmas.