[cvsnt] Re: Script Execution Failed : access denied

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 30 09:01:48 GMT 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:18:09 +0100, sabdev
<sabdev_N0_5PAM_ at ibelgique.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>we are currently moving our CVS repositories from a good ol' NT4 Server
>to a brand new window server 2003.
>We access CVS (2.0.51d) through pserver and have our CVS users either
>aliases from CvsAdmin(windows administrator) or CvsUser(windows simple
>user).
>I set the permission on the Repositories and on the c:/progam
>files/cvsnt/Temp directory to Full for CvsUser and CvsAdmin.
>
>So everything works fine : I can Checkout, Update, Import, Add, log,...
>Except for one thing :
>We have a program (sendNNTPLog) in the loginfo/taginfo that should
>execute to send messages to a news server.
>Unfortunatly, when a CvsUser commit, we have the following error :
>
>cvs server: Script execution failed: Permission denied
>cvs server: cannot write entry to log filter: SendNNTPLog
>
>It does not failed if we commit with a CvsAdmin user.
>
>So I guess, it is a permission problem... except I don't have any idea
>of  where and what permission are missing.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>thanks,
>
>Sebastien Abras

Check the permissions on the command interpreter (cmd.exe) in the
%windows%\system32 directory. By default Win2003 has locked it down
pretty much.
You may find that copying this file to the cvsnt install folder could
solve the problem too.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)