[cvsnt] Problems with CVS

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Feb 2 01:39:13 GMT 2004

James Ketterer wrote:
> I am trying to install CVS on Windows 98.   I go the http://www.cvsnt.org/archive/
> website and obtain the cvsnt-1.11.1.3-69.exe executable.    The server components
> do not seem to be installing correctly.   I do not see anything to start the cvs server.

Windows 98 is not a server platform, and cvsnt server does not run on
it.  The only part of cvsnt that works on it is the cvs95.exe which is a
stripped down client (essentially with all the client side
authentication stripped out as Win9x doesn't support it).

Also, Why try to download a version that's 2 years old???  Download the
latest version as it's much better.