[cvsnt] 2.0.24: branch permission bug?

Jan Rychtar rychtation at email.cz
Tue Feb 3 10:17:51 GMT 2004

I started playing with 2.0.14 two weeks ago. I was quite successful
configuring it to the point it supported our company development
life-cycle.

The only problem I had was merging of null differences between branches.
This was fixed in the new release 2.0.24. But another new problem arised:
permission settings for branches

This is my .perms file, that worked fine in 2.0.14:

default:n
user1:rwc
{HEAD}user2:r
user2:rwc

user1 is the dev admin, can commit anywhere
user2 is the developer, can commit anywhere except into main trunk

Unfortunately in 2.0.24 this stopped working, and as I played with the
settings, it seemed that the HEAD branch permission now applies to any
branch.

Can you spot the problem too? I think this is quite serious bug.
J. Rychtar