[cvsnt] New version of the ViewCvs installer for Windows

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Feb 3 17:05:21 GMT 2004

No,
the ViewCvs installer is a one-timer! It can be uninstalled in which case
it removes all previously installed files and virtual directories etc.
But then also the configuration you have manually added to viewcvs.conf
(if any) will also be gone.
Then you can install again and it will be all repeated but with new ViewCvs
sourcefiles.

It cannot install as an *upgrade* on top of an existing installation mainly
because I don't use the Innosetup file copying except for a few files, the
main ViewCvs install is invoked from its own install script in the pascal script
code inside InnoSetup.

But I think that there are a lot of ViewCvs enhancements that are now included
since the files are retrieved from the viewcvs HEAD a few days ago. The previous
installer used a snapshot from Aug-Sept 2003 approximately.

The main reason I put this out was that I finally installed Apache and made it
work on such systems as well.

But,as they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!!!! Keep what you have.

/Bo