[cvsnt] Help: CVSNT and System crashing

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 4 12:30:04 GMT 2004

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:27:33 -0200, "Kleber Teraoka"
<behzinho at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I´m running the free edition as welll.
>Anyway, I´ll keep testing and I´ll get back to you if I get something weird
>again.
>BTW, what is that file lsass.exe ?? Does it affect the pserver protocol ?

It handles the impersonation/authentication on Windows.  To create
passwordless authentication tokens properly you hook into it and tell
it to generate them for you... this works fine (all the GetUserName
stuff works as it's a 'real' login, too) but if something manages to
alter what's returned in some way then the LSASS.EXE isn't error
checked internally - it simply explodes, taking Windows with it.

If I can find out some software that breaks it I can try to put in a
check for it to avoid the problem.