[cvsnt] Automating production migration reversal

Tyler Theobald tyler.theobald.junk at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 17:18:24 GMT 2004

Thanks for the reply Aric,
Generally, our production migrations are only a few modified files each
time, hardly ever an entire build.  The files that are being migrated will
all have the same tag, but not necessarily the files being replaced.  That's
the problem.
The only workable solution I can think of is to have the copy process make a
backup of files as they are replaced and store them in an identical
directory structure.  Robocopy won't do this, so I'm trying to find a
utility that will.
Cheers!

"Czarnowski, Aric" <aczarnowski at unimax.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.222.1075995194.472.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> So if we discovered a problem and later wanted
> to quickly revert our production server to the
> previous state, how might we do it??

Why wouldn't you have a tag for the last stable release on the
production server to revert back too?  And if there wasn't a tag, for
whatever reason could you use cvs export based on date?

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation
612-204-3634