[cvsnt] questions about cvsnt

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 20:37:03 GMT 2004

Wojciech Jukowski wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I want to implement CVS on Windows platform - I decided to use cvsnt,
> yet i have some questions:
>
> - Are there any tools to manage users (or user groups)? Or maybe its
> possible to use Windows policises to do so?

CVSNT still uses CVS' user management with enhanced functions (e.g. no
more separately encrypting passwords).  CVSNT also obeys NTFS file
permissions when impersonation is enabled.  See
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl for one possibly way of setting up
CVSNT in your environment.

> - Is there something I should know about Windows domain
> authentication? Is it reliable? What about connecting from a Linux
> server?

It's reliable.  Linux works great too.  Personally, I use NT
authentication with SSPI at work and pserver (internally only) or ssh
against my Linux server at home.

> - I would also like to update one sandbox automagicly (ie after adding
> new tag). Is it possible with any cvsnt tool?

You can use the POSTCOMMIT script on the server to do most anything you
can script.  The only catch is that it runs on the server--as long as
that sandbox is on the server you're fine.

Regards,