[cvsnt] Reply etiquette [was Using CVSNT throughout the ChangeManagement Process]

Tyler Theobald tyler.theobald.junk at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 20:59:46 GMT 2004

I just changed my address to go to an alternate but real mailbox!   Thanks
Aric!

"Czarnowski, Aric" <aczarnowski at unimax.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.229.1076011400.472.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> When you make a *Reply All* (in order to get the
> list as one), then please remove the original
> poster from the addressee list!

This one is personal preference debated on every list I've ever been on.
I *like* getting both versions as the direct one isn't filtered to a
list holding folder and I generally get direct mail faster.  I certainly
notice it faster in my inbox.

That another copy is in my list folder is good, it facilitates searches
through personal list archives.  To each their own.

> Many people use non-existing email addresses when
> they post just to avoid getting spam

OK.  It's just not polite in my hang outs to forge an address for any
reason and SPAM is a problem no matter what.  It's not so much a
question of avoiding it IMO anymore.  But no problem on the address
thing.

> Right now I am not removing your address so you will
> get this message twice like I describe above.

Thanks.  <grin>

--Aric

Aric Czarnowski
Unimax Systems Corporation