[cvsnt] Branch permission bug in 2.0.24

NELSON Jeff JNELSON at covansys.com
Fri Feb 6 17:10:59 GMT 2004

Nope, you are not alone.  I have seen the same issue.

I had to grant Create access to the HEAD stream for branch check in to
work.  I also had to do this to add new items to the branch.

Example:
HEAD Perms are set to default CR
Each user is set to CWR if they are allowed to update the head stream.

Branch Persm are set to default R
Each user is set to CWR if they are allowed to update this stream.

The way we wanted this to work was to set the default permission to No
Access and then grant the required level of access to the HEAD and
Branch to each developers.

We found out that setting the default permission to N stops all updates
regardless of the user permission.  This holds true for the HEAD stream
as well as all branches.

Thanks