[cvsnt] Latest updates

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Feb 6 23:59:49 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Glen Starrett wrote:
>
>> I spoke too soon.  Now, I can ALWAYS commit regardless of the ACL
>> permissions.  I renamed the 'admin' file in case that was doing it
>> (it wasn't).  Please advise if I'm doing something wrong here.
>>
> what branch is test.c on?  If it's not listed it just defaults to rwc
> - which isn't really intuitive, as you'd expect the default with no
> branch to be used as a 'global default', but it's always been like
> that...  I only just realized it myself by stepping through it.

I'm operating on grs-test1 branch and yes, once I put a default for that
specific branch it denies me access like I would expect... but I would
think that in the absence of a specific branch default that it would
always go back to the global default.  Otherwise locking down
"everything except the active branches" could be quite messy.