[cvsnt] Net start fails...

Stephen Yates steve at viewset.com
Tue Feb 10 21:25:46 GMT 2004

I am trying to write a backup script to backup my CVS repository. To make
sure nobody is using the repository I stop CVS, then perform the backup, and
finally attempt to restart CVS using the command 'net start cvs'. This
command fails with the error 3523 after about 15 seconds. The strange thing
is I still have access to the repository, but it seems to be left in an
unstable state as far as windows is concerned. If I try to now stop the
service using either the command line or the cvsnt control panel applet it
informs me "Couldn't stop service: The service cannot accept control
messages at this time". Has anybody else come across this problem?

I am running Window Server 2003 with CVS NT 2.0.26.

Thanks,

Steve.