[cvsnt] Re: Lockserver on Loopback?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 11 14:15:45 GMT 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:58:38 +0100, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>Are we talking about the same thing?
>The Microsoft LoopBack Adapter is what I mean. It is not installed
>by default and if you want your laptop to retain the TCP/IP protocol
>even when you pull the plug on the network cable it is essential.

I haven't used that since the Win95 days...  all modern machines have
network cards on the motherboard anyway now (even laptops).

Pulling the network cable out shouldn't be enough to need it.. perhaps
removing the card comlpetely (unless the drivers are broken, I
suppose).