[cvsnt] Latest Update (2.0.26) and ACL

Sébastien Abras sabdev at ibelgique___n_o__s_p_a_m___.com
Wed Feb 11 14:24:20 GMT 2004

On version 2.0.26, I found something quite anoying concerning the branch
right management.

I have a project on which 'default' user is read only and 'user1' is rwc :
cvs lsacl returns :
  default:r
  user1:rwc

If 'user1' creates a branch and then work in it, he cannot commit in it
unless he specified explicitly that he has the right to (through cvs
chacl).IMO, this extra step will quickly make work tedious when working
with branches. Hopefully, version 2.0.24 does conform to previous ACL
management.

I think HEAD ACL should expand to branch ACL for all users (not only
default) when nothing is specified for that branch and that user.

So, in our exemple, the branch should be considered to have the same ACL
than HEAD (default:r, user1:rwc)

What do you think ?

Sebastien