[cvsnt] Re: LockServer CPU usage

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Feb 11 16:51:08 GMT 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:43:31 -0600, "Colin Bendell"
<cbendell at point2.com> wrote:

>I just see regular 'Read Full File' and 'Deleted' locks for each file
>stream through during high cpu times.  Anything in particular do you
>suggest we look for?

That just shows it's going through the lock sequence OK, so it's not
something like a connection issues.  With the monitoring on the CPU
usage goes up (as it's reporting its activity in real time) but even
under that load it never gets >30% on any machine I test on.

The time to create a lock is a tiny fraction of the time it takes to
parse and use an RCS file, so it shouldn't really be a major hit..