[cvsnt] Re: How to make cvsnt perform better?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 13 22:51:45 GMT 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:33:03 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Do you have Norton Antivirus installed?  That slows file operations down
>anything up to 50%.

With Macaffe AV on my own box I can't work at all if I debug an
application that does a lot of disk logging...
As an example a run that normally takes 4 seconds with AV switched off
will be slowed down to upwards of 30 seconds with AV active.
This is of course extreme, because during debug the application logs
small items to the logfile at a rate of more than 100 writes per
second, but nevertheless it shows what AV software can do.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)