[cvsnt] Need help configuring CVSNT on Windows XP for use with Eclipse

James Adams james_adams at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 02:30:54 GMT 2004

Mathieu thanks so much for the feedback.  By
unchecking the "Repository Prefix" option of the CVSNT
service control panel, and by checking the option to
use local users for pserver authentication I was able
to get past the hurdle of adding the empty repository
to Eclipse using the pserver name/passwd.  However now
I am getting an I/O interrupt error when I try to add
a project to the repository, via Team --> Share
Project in Eclipse.  When I click Finish it shows that
it is trying to authenticate using pserver, but never
gets any further before the I/O interrupt error
message is displayed.  So it seems that the pserver
authentication is still not altogether working, but
again I am not sure if the trouble is on the part of
CVSNT or Eclipse.

Something else of interest - after trying
unsuccessfully to add the project to the empty
repository three or four times my computer falls into
a hung state and I can't even get the task manager to
come up, so I have to power down the computer in order
to get it to come back up.  An interesting message
came up one time telling me that the RPC server was
too busy to read the read domain membership
information.  The only other program I was running at
the time was Avant (which runs Internet Explorer
behind the scenes).  Does this tell us anything ?

Again I am stuck, and after looking throughout the
manuals and FAQs I'm unsure of how to proceed.  This
is taking me forever to get working so I'm about to
give up on CVSNT and go with something else, probably
QVCS, even though it won't integrate with Eclipse.
But it must be possible, so I am still hoping to find
a solution.  If anyone can give more ideas as to how I
could troubleshoot this I'd certainly be grateful, as
I don't like to be thwarted.

Perhaps I am confused as to what it means to share a
project in Eclipse ?  Essentially I want to add all of
the files of my current project into the empty CVS
repository.  Perhaps I must import all of these files
using the command line, and then Eclipse will be able
to see them ?  Somehow I don't think that this is the
solution to my current problem since it appears to be
a pserver authentication trouble.  Perhaps I am only
adding unnecessary conjecture to the thread.

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions, as I
probably won't be able to figure this out on my own.

-James