[cvsnt] More merging problems

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Mon Feb 16 15:07:20 GMT 2004

Sorry, this is my second merge problem today! It's just that I'm going
through some things that have been needed looked at for a while, so these
have been building up!

> cvsnt 2.0.20
>
> * Got the wrong mergepoint if two branches from the same root were
> merged and one was unused, and there was a mergepoint in the
> parent branch.

I'm getting a problem that looks very much like what this was supposed to
fix. I'm using CVS-NT v2.0.24.

The sequence I get is as follows:

cvs add file1.c
cvs commit -m Added\n file1.c
	[Initial revision 1.1]

cvs tag -b Branch1 file1.c
cvs tag -b Branch2 file1.c
	[Revisions - HEAD: 1.1, Branch1: 1.1, Branch2: 1.1]

	[Modify file1.c]
cvs commit -m Changed\n file1.c
	[Revisions - HEAD: 1.2, Branch1: 1.1, Branch2: 1.1]

cvs update -r Branch1 file1.c
cvs update -jHEAD file1.c
	"Merging differences between 1.1 and 1.2 into file1.c"

cvs commit -m "Merged HEAD->Branch1" file1.c
	[Revisions - HEAD: 1.2, Branch1: 1.1.2.1, Branch2: 1.1]
	[1.1.2.1 == 1.2]

cvs update -jBranch2 file1.c
	"Merging differences between 1.2 and 1.1 into file1.c"

cvs commit -m "Merged Branch2->Branch1" file1.c
	[Revisions - HEAD: 1.2, Branch1: 1.1.2.2, Branch2: 1.1]
	[1.1.2.2 == 1.1]

When I merged Branch2->Branch1 it undid the changes from HEAD (1.1-1.2).
Surely this is wrong?

Regards,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Please note that my email domain has changed from @anitetelecoms.com to
@anite.com
Registered in England No. 1721900 Registered Office: 353 Buckingham Avenue,
Slough, Berkshire SL1 4PF, United Kingdom

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.