[cvsnt] Up-to-date check failed

Sinnema Paul p.sinnema at propkit.net
Mon Feb 16 19:38:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've got no clue about what's going wrong.

I've set up CVSNT on an Windows 2000 Server machine (had the same problem on
a Windows XP machine). Created a repository and checked in some directories
and files. The run I wrote, automatically exports files from a 4GL tool
(Uniface) and checks them in. What is does is:

- Export the components of Uniface into the directories created for the CVS
repo (overwriting existing files in the directories and creating new ones
when not there already).
- execute a 'cvs update' for all the exported files
- execute a 'cvs add' for all the exported files
- execute a 'cvs commit -m "message" - to check them all in.

During the commit I get the following:

cvs commit -m "no message" abzpru03000.cmx (in directory
C:\Propkit\src\cmx\)
cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `abzpru03000.cmx'
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

When I do an update I get the following:

cvs update abzpru03000.cmx (in directory C:\Propkit\src\cmx\)
cvs server: conflict: abzpru03000.cmx created independently by second party
C abzpru03000.cmx

WinCvs sees the file as altered (red page). During my test the output of
most of the files didn't really change, only the date/time stamp changed.

I really have to do a 'update -C' (get the clean copy) to get the following:

cvs update -C abzpru03000.cmx (in directory C:\Propkit\src\cmx\)
(Locally modified abzpru03000.cmx moved to .#abzpru03000.cmx.0)
cvs server: resurrecting deleted file abzpru03000.cmx
U abzpru03000.cmx

I've been working with CVS before (on a linux machine) and have never seen
this kind of problem. Can anyone tell me what going on?

Paul.

Sicherheitsmeldung:
Diese Mitteilung ist ungeschuetzt und koennte waehrend
der Uebermittlung von Dritten eingesehen und veraendert werden. Der Absender
übernimmt deshalb für den Inhalt keine Haftung. Sollten Sie diese Mitteilung
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, bitten wir Sie, den Absender zu informieren und
die Mitteilung in ihrem System gaenzlich zu loeschen.

Security Message:
The Information transmitted is unsecured and could be
reviewed or changed by an unauthorized third party. The sender therefore
does not accept any liability for its content. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.