[cvsnt] Problem with Mergepoints

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 17 16:50:39 GMT 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:48:36 -0000, "Harrison, Andrew"
<andy.harrison at anite.com> wrote:

> --Merge from b2
>> --> I now see the test file.
>
>Ok, that's exactly it. But now look at the CVS headers of the file in
>grs-test1. Does it have a mergepoint flag indicating that it was merged from
>the b2 branch? Mine does not.

That's because it's a new file - there's no opportunity to store a
mergepoint there because the client doesn't send entries data back to
the server for new files (deliberately, because they have no version
number so nothing to compare with).

Everything else follows on logically from that...  there may be little
that can be done in that particular case, although I'll keep looking
at it.