[cvsnt] Re: LockServer CPU usage

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Feb 17 20:13:34 GMT 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:08:40 +0100, "Morten Joehnk"
<me at no.mail.for.me> wrote:

>Thanks for your fast responses, Tony
>
>There were no commits running when we had the problems - only updates and a
>single checkout
>I'll have to run it without lockserver for a couple of days, and when i get
>some time to test, i'll switch it back on and see if i can reproduce the
>problem and then try monitoring it

Monitoring itself adds load (as it has to send extra data out to your
client), so do any tests with it off and use that just when things
look wrong.

Testing the 2.0.26 lockserver vs. the 2.0.29 lockserver is worth a try
too as it scales better in the later versions.