[cvsnt] Temporary directory not clearing out

Tyler Theobald tyler.theobald.junk at cox.net
Wed Feb 18 13:49:26 GMT 2004

According to the CVNT manual....
In most cases the server will remove the temporary directory when it is
done, whether it finishes normally or abnormally. However, there are a few
cases in which the server does not or cannot remove the temporary directory,
for example:

  a.. If the server aborts due to an internal server error, it may preserve
the directory to aid in debugging

  b.. If the server is killed in a way that it has no way of cleaning up
(most notably, `kill -KILL' on unix).

  c.. If the system shuts down without an orderly shutdown, which tells the
server to clean up
However, I'm not having any of these problems and the temp dir is not
clearing out.  Looking at each "cvs-serv##" directory, it seems that most of
these directories are empty of files, but the root dir remains.
I also just rebooted the server and they aren't being deleted automatically.
I'm using 2.0.14 - Is this a known issue?   This SYSTEM account has full
NTFS control...

Thanks!
Tyler