[cvsnt] Linefeed conversion problems

Eric Nicholson enicholson at parappsys.com
Thu Feb 19 23:47:42 GMT 2004

Just recently CVS has started intermittently committing files without
stripping off carriage returns.  What I'm seeing is that the text in the ,v
file has CRLF (x0D0A) endings, so when I check it out on a different machine
the file has CRCRLF (x0D0D0A) endings.  It doesn't seem to happen
predictably, maybe 50% of the time.

There is no unix system anywhere in the picture, and I'm using TortoiseCVS
as the frontend, with bundled CVSNT 2.0.11.  I did just install the latest
WinCVS beta if that would affect anything...

Any ideas?

thanks,

T. Eric Nicholson
Software Analyst