[cvsnt] Re: Error :Incorrect username and password, can some one help please

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Feb 20 22:47:10 GMT 2004

Dn wrote:
> Tony
>
> Thanks for the response
>
> I have to find more about SSPI .
>
> I am using WSAD and I dont see this option there in the connection setup

WSAD doesn't support any secure protocols on Windows... pserver
basically sends your passwords around the network in plaintext, which is
accectable for a small LAN but as your setup gets bigger becomes less
and less useful.  If you're on a multi-domain environment I guess you're
using more than a small LAN :)  If your IT department don't mind the
risk though it might be an option.

If WSAD will let you specify the full
:pserver:DOMAIN\user at computer:/repository syntax then you should be able
to get some kind of connection.