[cvsnt] CVSView RCS error

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 01:06:37 GMT 2004

Ariel Machado wrote:

>Excuse this off-topic, but I am thankful to somebody had east problem that
>says to me like solving it.
>
>CVSView had installed on a Win2003 Server, IIS6. In theory, it does not use
>RCS tools, use directly cvs.exe, as it indicates on installer of Bo
>Berglund.
>
>When it is tried to browse a module, it generates east error:

Hey Bo--I'm getting a similar on the new CVSNT server I'm setting up
(2.0.30, ViewCVS for CVSNT installer "f").  Have you been in touch with
the ViewCVS group yet, or should I backstep CVSNT on this server until
it's all settled?

An Exception Has Occurred
Python Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 2467, in main
    request.run_viewcvs()
  File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 335, in run_viewcvs
    self.view_func(self)
  File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\viewcvs.py", line 1132, in view_directory
    request.repos.dirlogs(request.path_parts, file_data, options)
  File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py", line 160, in
dirlogs
    alltags = _get_logs(self, dirpath, entries, tag, subdirs)
  File "C:\Programs\ViewCvs\lib\vclib\bincvs\__init__.py", line 790, in
_get_logs
    raise vclib.Error('Error parsing rlog output. Expected RCS file "%s"'
Error: Error parsing rlog output. Expected RCS file
"F:/cvs/repositories/test\junk\Calc\.cvsignore,v", found

"F:/cvs/repositories/test/junk/Calc/.cvsignore,v"

--
Glen Starrett

--(shameless plug)--
Help Scotty get his star: http://www.ScottysStar.com/