[cvsnt] sspi authentication bug?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Feb 21 05:01:17 GMT 2004

jon lennard wrote:

>What surprises me is if I logout and then execute the login command with no
>account
>information, i.e.
>
>   cvs -d :sspi:cvsservermachine:/cvsrepository  login
>
>I am prompted for a password and can choose to just hit return or enter
>nonsense,
>but I STILL login successfully even though my local account means nothing to
>the
>cvs server.  What am I not understanding?

Do you have the guest account enabled on the server?  I bet that's what
is happening.  I tried just what you outlined on a test system here and
AFAICT it works properly.  When CVSNT authenticates via sspi, Windows
will try a few things including your existing credentials and a guest
account before it rejects you.  Let us know if this isn't the case.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett

--(shameless plug)--