[cvsnt] Re: CVSView RCS error

Ariel Machado ariel at escripovoa.pt
Mon Feb 23 12:11:49 GMT 2004

Yes Bo, ViewCvs, excuses the mistake that I had in the name.

- I had used the ViewCVS installer 1.0.r5f. (full installation mode)
- ActiveState Python 2.3.2 (full installation)
CVSNT version is 2.0.24

> Only in the last published version (f) have I managed to cover all of
> the security aspects of the installation, and that is only if you
> check the (unchecked by default) "set account permissions" checkbox.
?
Using a full installation mode, the check-box "Set necessary guest account
permissions for ViewCVS" is checked by default.

It had already seen flag SHOWCHILDPROCESSES  in the README of the ViewCVS
Windows and I activated it.

Apparently, the error must to see when the cvs comand is executed:
"rcsfile" "rlog" "- r" and are passed through parameters the names of all
the existing files in this  module.
 The debug dump is:
 Child Process1
Command Line "C:\CVS\cvsnt\cvs.exe" "rcsfile" "rlog" "- r"
"C:/CVS/repositories/test\DLL_SCALES\acom100.dsp, v"
"C:/CVS/repositories/test\DLL_SCALES\acom100.dsw, v"
"C:/CVS/repositories/test\DLL_SCALES\acom100.dsw, v".... (more file
names.. )

Standard In:
Standard Out & Error:
...(enviroment variables)...

In addition, I copied this suspicious cvs command and I executed it in
command-line, and works correctly, not generating errors.
But I do not know what this waiting for answer the Python code, and as the
origin that generates east problem.

Ariel Machado
Dep. Programação/I&D
E-mail: ariel at escripovoa.pt