[cvsnt] Re: Error :Incorrect username and password, can some one help please

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Feb 23 14:30:03 GMT 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:09:28 -0500, Dn <kumar_anjaly at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tony
>
>Thanks for the help , I tried to give the user name with the domain and
>WSAD does not accept that(or there might be another way to specify that)
>
>So , are you saying that pserver is not at all secure ?

pserver is definately not secure... useful for LANs and many
opensource projects use it as its supported by all clients, however
it's a really bad idea to transmit things like domain passwords over
it.

You might be able to setup an openssh server on the windows box and
connect using ssh through WSAD - that's still not going to solve the
domain issue but is secure.

Another way is to request an enancement to WSAD to accept the domain
prefix to the username (or even sserver/sspi, but I doubt they'd
support that).