[cvsnt] How to setup SSH?

Mathew Plattz plattze at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:02:17 GMT 2004

At work, we have a host of different operating systems.  90% of people run
Windows XP, then a few who run Mac or Linux.  At the moment, everything is
working perfectly with SSPI (for the Windows users who use Tortuise or
WinCVS), but I've had to enable pserver for the Mac or Unix people.

I do not want this because I REALLY want a protocol which supports
excryption.

I want to resolve to a single protocol, which everyone uses.

Is there a quick howto to setting up and enabling SSH without CVSNT.

I havent changed any settings on the server, but when I try to connect using
TortuiseCVS and Secure Shell (ext), I get :

cvs checkout: warning: unrecognized response `FATAL ERROR: Network error:
Connection refused' from cvs server

How do I get SSH working?  As far as I know, it's the only protocol which is
supported on all platforms and has encryption.