[cvsnt] Re: cvstemp dir not clearing itself due to CVSMailer

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Feb 25 18:05:31 GMT 2004

Involved, yes - but how?
It may well be that somehow CVS senses that a process has been spawned off
and therefor does not clear out the folder.
One possibility might be that CVS when launching the loginfo script command
sets the current dir to this temp dir. THis might cause the deletion of the
folder to fail because "someone" is there...

I will have a look at the CVSMailer code and see if I can CD to the application
dir or similar to solve the problem.

Would be good to know what the conditions are on the cvsnt side for removing or
not removing the temp folder...
Also it wold be good to know if cvsnt actually sets the current dir for the
loginfo process as the temp dir.

BTW, I just checked our production server and I also found tons of folders in
the temp dir, all named cvs-srvxxxx where xxxx is a number.

/Bo