[cvsnt] newb question - cannot set passwords on new installation

Shraga peacemideast at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 09:30:25 GMT 2004

Hi.
I installed CVSNT on a Windows 2000 Server machine. The program files were
put in the C: drive and the repository and temp directories on the D: drive
( I follows Bo's step-by-step instructions). I issued the command

set cvsroot=:sspi:MyComputer:/TEST

(/Test is the repository directory).

and then

cvs passwd -a Administrator (Administrator is my login name).

I get the following response :

Can't authenticate - client and server cannot agree on authentication
scheme.

Other CVS commands do not work either.

I tried also the :ntserver:  and :pserver: protocols but they all fail.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

Shraga.