[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Feb 26 14:34:14 GMT 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:08:31 +0100, Oliver Giesen <ogware at gmx.net>
wrote:

>Ah, now we're talking. I think that was actually me who reported this.
>This was when you accidentally mix up vendor branch and release tag on
>import. This does not seem to be what is happening here, though...

No, but the cause of it was the lack of checking for an existing
vendor tag.  Import still isn't particularly error checked but it's
harder to stuff things up now (I just realised the release tags aren't
checked either).

Tags really need types (as well as dates and descriptions..). all
things to add at some point I guess.

>Sure but I should still be able to import to the same branch shouldn't
>I? As I said before, I do exactly this about once a week, last time two
>days ago using CVSNT 2.0.30 and it did not try to stop me from doing so.

Not sure how, as the code has been there for a while...