[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 16:51:24 GMT 2004

Phil Richards wrote:

> This isn't hypothetical

Exactly.

 > - this is what we do with multiple vendor
> code sets.

Same here. No problems so far.

> Sorry, I must be being dumb - I just can't see what the change is fixing.

Well, I think I was the one who kicked this off. On one import I
accidentally mixed the order of the Import arguments, effectively using
the existing Vendor Branch as the new Release name. This seriously
messed up the repository to the point where I had to restore from tape
and that's what I think Tony wanted to prevent to happen by checking for
existing tags. However, to me it currently looks like he's pushed it too
far. Checking the given release tag should be sufficient AFAICT. No need
to check the vendor branch.

Cheers,

--
Oliver