[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 13:20:53 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It can only work if
>
> a) You use the same branch name, and
> b) you use the same branch number

Exactly! :)

> Anything else will cause things to go wrong to a lesser or greater
> extent.  That's easy to check for (2.0.32 does this rather than
> rejecting out of hand).

That's great news. :] Would I always have to explicitly use -b1.1.1 on
future imports then or does it imply that? Anyway, looks like I've got
reason to be happy again... :D
I surely felt we were talking in circles so far...

>>Of course I could probably get the same functionality by importing my
>>third-party sources to the trunk with the -n option (or doesn't that
>>work anymore too? - after all it's effectively also always the same
>>branch that I'm importing to...) and doing my own modifications on a
>>branch but then the other way round is how I started so it would be nice
>>if I could just continue to do so as there never was any problem with
>>that process AFAICS.
>
> That's effectively what you're doing anyway.  Import just wraps it.

Right. It just does so with branch/trunk swapped. It doesn't really
matter to me which way round it is but as there are already numerous
revisions imported to the vendor branch it'd be nicer if I could just
keep it that way. Sounds like you've fixed that. :)

Cheers,
<off to test 2.0.32 import behaviour>

--
Oliver