[cvsnt] Re: vendor branch and import problem

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Feb 27 14:13:06 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It can only work if
>
> a) You use the same branch name, and
> b) you use the same branch number
>
> Anything else will cause things to go wrong to a lesser or greater
> extent.  That's easy to check for (2.0.32 does this rather than
> rejecting out of hand).

Hmm, I still get the same error as with 2.0.31 . However, as has been
indicated by others before, the files do get imported despite the error.
Sometimes this is not clear from the import output though as the N/U
lines are apparently not always displayed (can't detect when they show
and when they don't - seems to be at random). Also, the release tag will
not be applied to the new revision.

It also still allows me to import with a different branch name than what
I used before without any error or warning, again messing up the
repository (well, now that I know what's going on thanks to John Hoey
it's actually rather easy to remedy but still...).

This doesn't feel quite finished... were you maybe talking about the
upcoming 2.0.33 instead?

Cheers,

--
Oliver