[cvsnt] Accessing a CVSNT server from a windows XP Home Client

pkas at ait.gr pkas at ait.gr
Sun Feb 29 19:40:43 GMT 2004

Hallo, I have recentrly installed CVSNT on a windows XP Professional
machine which is connected in a standalone workgroup with some other PC's
running Windows XP Home. The computers are not part of a DOMAIN but of a
WORKGROUP which means that every machine has different user accounts on
it.
I want to access the CVSNT server located in one machine from all the
others. I installed it following the instructions I found in your site on
a PC called pc2.
When I try to access the repository from the local machine everything is
fine. When I try to access it from another PC called pc1 using the
following:
set CVSROOT=:sspi:pc2:/test
cvs ls -l -R

I get exactly the following output:

Listing modules on server

cvs server: Error connecting to host localhost: No such host is known.

cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Could you please give me a hint on that?

                   thank you very much